Located in the heart of Timonium’s Springlake neighborhood, you’ll find that one of our three pools is just right for you and your family: the large main pool, our lap pool and a wading pool for the little ones. There is also a playground, full-size basketball court, shuffleboard, cornhole and lots of great family and adult activities throughout the season.
The Springlake Piranhas Swim Team participates in the Central Maryland Swim League. Springlake participates in dual meets with other teams in Central Maryland throughout the months of June and July. Children ages 5-18 of all skill levels are welcome.
See you at the pool!
We are hiring!
We are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic POOL MANAGER to help make our 2019 Summer Season fun, safe, and enjoyable for our members, guests, and staff.
12 month contract. Memorial Day – Labor Day, the Pool Manager will be responsible for all pool operations & maintenance, supervision of the lifeguard staff, and overseeing of various pool activities and events for members & guests. Meets monthly with the Board of Directors, year round.
- Hire, train, and supervise lifeguards
- Formulate lifeguard work schedules to ensure proper coverage during operational hours
- Oversee timecard accuracy and submit timesheets for bi-weekly payroll processing
- Responsible for collecting, recording, and maintaining cash records on a daily basis
- Ensure proper operating condition of all pools including chemical levels, equipment care, and coordinating repairs as needed
- Ensure the general cleanliness & appearance of all pool property, including lifeguard office, bathrooms, snack bar, and parking lot.
- Maintain operating budget and keep accurate records of invoices and payments to vendors
- Ensure member & guest satisfaction
- Enforce pool safety policies in a positive & courteous manner
- Enforce guest fee policy
- Must be a positive role model for our young adult staff!
- Other duties assigned, as needed
Skills / Job Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current Maryland Pool Operator’s License (mandatory)
- Current Lifeguard Certification and/or at least 3 years of previous lifeguard exp.
- First Aid & CPR Certified (highly preferred)
- 3-5 years of management & supervisory experience
- Demonstrate strong leadership & effective communication skills
- 35-40 hour work week during operational season, including nights, weekends & holidays
- Must be friendly, enjoy working with teenagers, able to work under pressure while providing our members with excellent customer service during every visit
Salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants are subject to Criminal Background Check.
Interested applicants must submit resume and completed employment application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received after November 31st may not be considered.